At completion of the course, you should be able to:-
- Understand the concept of strategy and strategy development and the role of the OE in supporting the university’s strategic focus through the demonstration of value, in the form of effective programmes, services and processes, to its stakeholders.
- Appreciate the university as a system and the importance of systems in the HE setting.
- Recognize the role of the people and process in in support of performance and apply the principles of operational excellence in support of the vision and mission of your university.
- Deploy tools such as quality management, continuous improvement, lean management and theory of constraints, in support of the university strategic intent and enablers.
- Develop your own mental model of achieving strategy through operational excellence in your role within the university.